Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Elephant in the room

I keep thinking of it that way. My sister found out she's got Thyroid Cancer that's moving around into other areas. It upsets me to no end. I mean she's got her life all together, it's so organized and doing the right thing... If anyone in the family got it why wasn't it me? 2 reason I should have gotten it. 1. I have already had just about everything else go wrong health wise and it wouldn't mess things up any more then they already are and 2. I at least have health insurance. Their in that lovely bracket where self employed they make too much to qualify for any assistance but too poor to make insurance payments and all, especially when they really don't have a lot of health issues.

So I have been collection odds and ends of some beads to make her a bracelet in Thyroid survival colors. It highlights the three thyroid cancer awareness colors: blue, pink/purple, and teal. Thyroid cancer survivor Cherie LC selected these colors more than five years ago as part of her volunteer contributions to ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association. She noted that blue represents the throat energy center, purple/pink represents spiritual influences in healing, and teal is a healing color.

I really am praying that they get it all and life goes back to being "normal" or at least close to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Support or Constructive Criticism